About Advanced Nutrients
Advanced Nutrients, founded by Michael Straumietis (aka BigMike), is one of the leading fertilizer and supplement companies. They have been on the market for over 15 years, and sell in over 100 countries around the world.
The company currently sells and manufactures a wide range of pH Perfect base nutrients, bloom boosters, microbial supplements, organic nutrients and supplements, and more. Advanced Nutrients products have been specially engineered for hydroponics growing. Nevertheless, tens of thousands of growers around the world are using Advanced Nutrients for soil growing with great success.
Some of Advanced Nutrients products are approved for organic gardening and are certified by California’s Organic Input Material (OIM) Program. While others are synthetic-organic mixes containing pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. At this time, the Advanced Nutrients Organic OIM Line is only available for purchase in the United States and Canada.
Look for the below label to identify the Advanced Nutrients certified organic products:
Advanced Nutrients product availability depends on the country. Due to regulations, not all of the company’s nutrients are available to purchase in Europe.
Ready to find out more about the different Advanced Nutrients product lines? Continue reading below.
Advanced Nutrients Product Lines
We often receive the question “Why are there so many different Advanced Nutrients products?”.
The answer is quite simple. They have many different products because they aim to meet the needs of all different types of growers.
It doesn’t matter if you are only growing one plant or you are a commercial grower. It also doesn’t matter what’s your experience level, or your grow set-up and medium… Advanced Nutrients has a wide range of fertilizers, additives and boosters to help anyone have an amazing harvest.
Here is a quick overview of the different Advanced Nutrients products (don’t worry, we will go into more details in parts 2-4 in our Ultimate Guide To Advanced Nutrients):
- pH Perfect Base Nutrients
- Organic Base Nutrients
- The Advanced Nutrients Organic Base Nutrient is Iguana Juice Grow and Bloom.
- Nutrients for Bigger Yields
- Taste Enhancers
- Bud Candy and Bud Candy Organic are designed to enhance your crops’ taste and smell.
- Substrate Supplements
- Ancient Earth Organic, Sensizym and Sensizym Organic
- Potency & Stalk Strengtheners
- Root Supplements
- The First Aid Kit for Plants
- Flushing solution
- In the last stage of growing Flawless Finish removes salt-residues and nutrients accumulated into the plants.
- An Organic Super Tea Blend
- And finally, Mother Earth Super Tea – a rich blend of organic components like plant and fish extractions.
Other Advanced Nutrients Products
Besides the products listed in the previous section, you might have heard about (or you may currently be using) other Advanced Nutrients products, which are not listed in the official product list on the website.
As we already mentioned, due to regulations, not all of the company’s products are available everywhere in the world. That is why we made a list of the ones which have either been discontinued, replaced or can be purchased in some countries:
- Grandma Enggy’s F-1 – A fulvic acid formula which is now part of the pH Perfect nutrients.
- Grandma Enggy’s H-2 – A humic acid formula which is now part of the pH Perfect nutrients.
- Wet Betty – A wetting agent which is now part of the pH Perfect nutrients.
- Carboload – A carbohydrate additive, replaced with Bud Candy (which contains not only carbohydrates but also flavor and aroma enhancing components) in most countries.
- Bud Blood – An earlier generation of early-phase bloom boosters, which has been replaced with Bud Ignitor in most countries.
- Final Phase – A flushing product which has been replaced with Flawless Finish (the formula is the same) in most countries.
- Jungle Juice – A mineral-based 2-part nutrient formula, which has been replaced by the pH Perfect nutrients in most countries.
- Jungle Juice GMB – A mineral-based 3-part nutrient formula.
- Hammerhead – An earlier generation bloom booster, which has been replaced with Big Bud in most countries.
- Golden Goddess – A fulvic acid root zone conditioner.
- Kushie Kush – A mid-phase bloom booster, utilizing earlier generation technology.
- Scorpion Juice – A salicylic acid formula with chitosan,
- Microbial Munch – A microbe-specific food source, which has been replaced with Bud Candy in most countries.
- Advanced Nutrients VHO (Very High Output) – For clones and motherplants.
- Barricade – A potassium silicate product, replaced with Rhino Skin.
- pH-Up and pH-Down correctors.
But wait, there is more…
There is some old generation discontinued Advanced Nutrients products you might have never heard of (unless you have been growing with Advanced Nutrients in the past 10+ years): Organic B-1, Emerald Shaman, Grandma Enggy’s Fish Stew, Grandma Enggys’s Seaweed Extract, Genius Oil, Juicy Roots, Jumpstart, Monkey Juice, NoShock, Protector, Soilox, Sweet Leaf, Advanced Nutrients VHO, VitaBoost, Wilt Stop, Wipe Out, Bloom Booster Pro, Growth Excel, Colossal Budblast.
Do you remember any of these products? Let’s go down memory lane with this old Advanced Nutrients products gallery:
We have just mentioned over 60 different Advanced Nutrients products – both new and discontinued. They are proof of Advanced Nutrients’ continuous efforts in research and development to manufacture the best products possible and to meet each and every grower’s needs.
It’s safe to say, Advanced Nutrients has not only improved and perfected their products’ formulas, but their labels’ designs have gotten a lot better as well:
Click below to read more:
- The Ultimate Guide To Advanced Nutrients (PART 2) – Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Nutrients
- The Ultimate Guide To Advanced Nutrients (PART 3) – Advanced Nutrients Additives & Boosters
- The Ultimate Guide To Advanced Nutrients (PART 4) – Advanced Nutrients Organic Products
- The Ultimate Guide To Advanced Nutrients (PART 5) – Advanced Nutrients Grow Charts
For more useful guides every month, follow us on Facebook.