Welcome to part 2 of our Ultimate Guide To CANNA Nutrients and Soils. In this article we will be sharing with you the official CANNA feeding schedules, along with details about their products and instructions on how to use them.
Let’s begin with an overview of the different CANNA base nutrients, substrates, additives and other products.
The potting soils which are part of the CANNA Terra line of products are:
- Terra Seed Mix – great for seed germination and rooting cuttings.
- Terra Professional – ideal for beginner growers. It contains perlite and black peat.
- and Terra Professional Plus – specifically developed for indoor grow rooms, contains tree bark and white peat.
CANNA also sells Aqua Clay Pebbles – for growing in recirculating hydroponic systems – as part of the CANNA Aqua product line.
The coco-based mediums part of CANNA Coco’s product line are:
- Coco Natural – a lightly buffered and light pre-soaked plant medium. The light buffering allows more influence on the growth and bloom of the plant. Consists of 100% coco flakes, produced in India.
- Coco Professional Plus – a coco-based medium with a full buffering, which eliminates the side effects of growing on coir (as coir could consume some of the nutrients). Consists of 100% coco flakes from prime Indian coconuts. Has the R.H.P. quality mark which means that the product is free of weeds.
- Coco Slabs – they are free of fibre and come in the form of fine flakes. This product also has the R.H.P. quality mark. This substrate can be re-used several times and added as a potting mix conditioner afterwards.
CANNA Base Nutrients
As mentioned in part one of our Ultimate CANNA Guide, the CANNA product lines are TERRA, AQUA, COCO and HYDRO. The difference between the base nutrients in these lines are the growing medium they have been developed for.
- The CANNA Terra base nutrients are designed for growing crops in peat-based potting mixes. Terra Vega is used in the growing phase. Terra Flores is used during the blooming phase.
- The CANNA Aqua base nutrients are designed for growing on a recirculating system. Aqua Vega is the growing phase base nutrient. Aqua Flores is the blooming phase base nutrient.
- The CANNA Coco base nutrients are specific for coco gardens. Coco A & B is a 2-part coco nutrients solution that can be used in both the growing and blooming phases.
- The CANNA Hydro base nutrients are designed for run-to-waste hydroponic systems. Hydro Vega is used in the growing phase. Hydro Flores is used during the blooming phase.
All of CANNA’s base nutrients provide the essential components as building blocks for a strong and healthy plant development.
CANNA Additives and Other Products
Below we have listed the rest of CANNA’s products, which can be used alongside their base nutrients, as you will see in the official CANNA feed charts.
PK 13/14 is CANNA’s PK flower booster. It contains pure phosphorus and potassium in very high concentrations. PK 13/14 ensures stronger cell formation and the production of enough sugars in the blooming stage. The mixing ratio is max 15 ml of PK 13/14 per 10 Litres of water. To prevent the accumulation of phosphate and potassium, apply the product for the duration of one week. The best time to use it is 3-4 weeks before harvesting. Find out more about when to use CANNA PK 13/14 here.
CANNABOOST is CANNA’s bloom booster. It has a high energy content, contains little sugar and no added plant hormones. This flower booster improves the health and metabolism rate of crops and is specially designed for short cycle plants. The mixing ratio is between 20 to 40 ml of CANNABOOST per 10 Litres of water.
CANNAZYM is CANNA’s enzyme product. This additive targets the source and cause of root binding, dead root material and old cast off. CANNAZYM can also be used for reusing grow mediums such as coco coir. The mixing ratio is max 25 ml of CANNAZYM per 10 Liters of water. Check out our detailed guide on what does CANNAZYM do.
RHIZOTONIC is CANNA’s root stimulator. This is an all-natural, algae-based, root stimulator. RHIZOTONIC helps the root development, increases plants’ strength and disease resistance. Start with max 40 ml of RHIZOTONIC per 10 Liters of water in the first week of veg stage. Decrease the dosage to a maximum of 20 ml per 10 Liters of water for the rest of veg stage. In the flowering stage use a maximum of 5 ml of RHIZOTONIC per 10 Liters of water. You can also foliar feed with RHIZOTONIC – it is most efficient to do it around the time when the lights go out (when growing indoors), or right before sunset (when growing outdoors).
Other CANNA products
CANNA D-Block – this is an organic product and its mode of action is based on anionic detergents. It cleans and prevents obstructions in drip and spraying systems. The mixing ratio is 10 ml of D-Block per 100 Litres of nutrient solution and can be given with every feed application.
CANNA Start is a 1-part nutrient for seedlings and rooted cuttings. The mixing ratio is 40 ml of CANNA Start per 10 Litres of water. It works great in combination with RHIZOTONIC to give plants the strongest and thickest roots.
CANNA FLUSH is a flushing solution that cleanses substrates and crops from excess nutrients before harvest. It doesn’t harm or kill the useful bacteria and beneﬁcial fungi in the substrate. For hydroponics the mixing ratio is 40 ml of CANNA Flush per 10 Litres of water. In soil and soilless mixes the mixing ratio is 20 ml of CANNA Flush per 10 Litres of water.
CANNA Mononutrients are easily soluble liquid minerals that are directly absorbed by the crops:
- TRACE MIX – a mineral fertiliser, stimulating the growth and bloom phases. It can be used to reduce trace elements deficiencies.
- CANNA Nitrogen – is used for nitrogen deficiency and as an additional nutrient to stimulate growth in the veg phase. Nitrogen is important for the plants’ energy metabolism and the production of proteins.
- CANNA Phosphorus – stimulates the blooming and is used for phosphorus deficiency.
- CANNA Magnesium – is used for magnesium deficiency and as an additional nutrient to stimulate the growth and bloom phases. Magnesium is important for photosynthesis and the production of chlorophyll.
- CANNA Calcium – is a calcium fertiliser used to fix calcium deficiency or as a supplementary nutrient to stimulate growth. Calcium influences growth hormones, stabilises the cell wall, and regulates the transport of nutrients and water in the crops.
- CANNA Iron – stimulates the grow and bloom stages and is used to handle iron deficiency. Iron is important for photosynthesis and the production of chlorophyll.
- CANNA Organo Potassium – is used to fix potassium deficiency and stimulate the blooming phase. It improves production of carbohydrates and proteins.
CANNACURE is a leaf nutrient that prevents and controls pests and mildew. It is toxin-free and environmentally friendly. CANNACURE should be applied thoroughly on both sides of the leaves once a week as a preventive measure or once every three days if you are dealing with an infestation. The mixing ratio is 330 ml of CANNACURE per 1 Litre of water. It shouldn’t be mixed with any other product and it shouldn’t be used together with products containing hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
CALMAG AGENT is a calcium and magnesium supplement that improves the water quality. Add 0.1-0.5 ml of CANNA CALMAG per litre of water until you reach an EC of 0.45mS/cm.
CANNA pH-Series is a series of pH regulators. There are CANNA pH- Grow & CANNA pH- Bloom to lower the pH levels in the different growing stages. CANNA pH+ increases the pH levels and can be used in both the veg and flowering phases. CANNA Organic Acid is an organic alternative for CANNA pH- that is used to lower the pH levels in the water or substrate.
Continue reading below to see all the official CANNA grow charts.
The Official CANNA Feeding Schedules
CANNA Terra Feeding Schedule
Below is the CANNA feed chart for their TERRA line of products used for growing crops in peat based potting mixes.
The products you need with this feed chart are: Terra Seed Mix for seed germination and rooting cuttings; Terra Professional or Terra Professional Plus potting mixes; Terra Vega and Terra Flores for base nutrients; and CANNA’s additives PK 13/14, CANNABOOST, CANNAZYM, and RHIZOTONIC.
Download the official Terra Info Paper for more detailed feeding instructions.
CANNA Aqua Feeding Schedule
This is the CANNA feeding schedule for the AQUA line of products used for growing on a recirculating system.
The products you need with this CANNA feed chart are: Aqua Clay Pebbles; Aqua Vega and Aqua Flores base nutrients; and CANNA’s additives PK 13/14, CANNABOOST, CANNAZYM, and RHIZOTONIC.
Download the official Aqua Info Paper for more detailed feeding instructions.
CANNA Coco Feed Chart
The CANNA Coco feed chart for the COCO line of products is specifically for cultivation in coco coir.
The products you need with this chart are: Coco Slabs, Coco Natural or Coco Professional Plus; Coco A & B for base nutrients; and CANNA’s additives PK 13/14, CANNABOOST, CANNAZYM, and RHIZOTONIC.
Download the official Coco Info Paper for more detailed feeding instructions.
CANNA Hydro Feeding Chart
The CANNA feeding schedule for the HYDRO line of products is specifically for cultivation in run-to-waste hydroponic systems.
The products you need with this feed chart are: Hydro Vega and Hydro Flores for base nutrients; and CANNA’s additives PK 13/14, CANNABOOST, CANNAZYM, and RHIZOTONIC.
Download the official Hydro Info Paper for more detailed feeding instructions.
Click below to read more:
Click below to browse through the CANNA products:
We hope you have enjoyed this guide! Follow us on Facebook to stay in touch.
One thought on “The Ultimate Guide To CANNA (PART 2) – CANNA Feeding Schedules”
Good to have this thanks!